North Carolina Bachelor of Science in Nursing Programs
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) programs offer more advanced education in patient care and administrative and leadership qualifications. You can learn more about the pathways to a BSN and how a BSN prepares candidates for nursing careers at nursingeducation.org.
Bachelor of Science Programs
- Appalachian State University
- Established in 2010
- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
- North Carolina Central University
- Established in 1948, with the RN to BSN program beginning in 1961
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Established in 1950, admitted first class in 1951
- SON in the News: Chapel Hill's First Nightingales (by Tracy Farnham, 2015)
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Established in 1966
- The Women's College of the University of North Carolina (prior to becoming UNCG) offered baccalaureate degree programs in nursing to female WWII veterans for a period following the war
A list of current RN to BSN programs can be found on the NC Board of Nursing website.