Notable individuals from nursing history.
- Patty H. Carter (1910s): Carter was a graduate of Lincoln School of Nursing, and administrator of Lincoln Hospital for several years. (Photograph of Patty H. Carter, source unknown).
- Donna Allen Harris (1949- ): First African American graduate of Duke University School of Nursing, 1971.
- Johnea Kelly (1928-2021): NCCU faculty member and nursing educator, named outstanding educator by the Black Women's Professional Association.
- Julia Latta (1900s-1920s): First African American public health nurse in Durham County, and Director of Nursing at Lincoln Hospital from 1903-1910. She served the county during the Spanish Influenza epidemic of 1918.
- Lucille Zimmerman Williams (1907-1971): Williams was a public health and field nurse throughout her career, and Director of Nursing at Lincoln Hospital.