Women’s Veteran History Project at UNC-Greensboro
- Oral History Interview Pauline Rogstad Allison, 2006
- Primarily documents Pauline Rogstad Allison’s service with the Navy Nurse Corps during World War II, particularly her two years on a hospital ship in China; and her life after the war.
- Oral History Interview with Marguerite V. Clodfelter
- Marguerite V. Clodfelter primarily discusses her early life in Canada and upstate New York; her experiences and training in the Cadet Nurse Corps from 1944 to 1946; and her personal life and nursing career following World War II. She nursed at Watts Hospital in Durham and in Whiteville, North Carolina.
- Oral History Interview with Clara Adams-Ender, 2005
- Clara Leach Adams-Ender (b. 1939) of Willow Springs, North Carolina, served as an officer in the U.S. Army Nurse Corps from 1961 to 1993, rising to the rank of brigadier general in 1987. She was chief of the Army Nurse Corps from 1987 to 1991, and retired in 1993 as the commanding general of Fort Belvoir, Virginia.
- Lillie Henson Oral History
- Lillie M. Henson of Greenville County, South Carolina, served in the Army Nurse Corps from 1941 to 1945, followed by a long career in nursing education. She taught at Charlotte Memorial Hospital School of Nursing in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Oral History Interview with Katie King
- Primarily documents Katie Sawyer King’s her service in the Cadet Nurse Corps during World War II and her ministry in the AME Zion Church in the 1980s and 90s.
- Lunary Love Oral History
- Lunary Love of Surry County, North Carolina, a career nurse, served in that capacity with the Women in the Air Force from 1952 to 1955.
Dauphine Doster Mastrioanni
- Oral History Interview with Dauphine Doster Mastrioanni, 1999
- A World War II nurse from Monroe, North Carolina who later taught nursing at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
- Doris O. Melvin Oral History
- Doris Onita Melvin (1918-?) of Sampson County, North Carolina, was a career nurse, serving in the Army Nurse Corps (ANC) from 1953 to 1975.
- Amie Modigh Oral History (not yet transcribed)
- Colonel Amie Modigh (b. 1933) served in the Army Nurse Corps from 1967-1995.
- Cathy Sykes Oral History
- Cathryn Illman Sykes (b. 1957) of Greensboro, North Carolina, served as a nurse in the U.S. Air Force from 1983 to 2003.
- Sandra Venegoni Oral History (not yet transcribed)
- Colonel Sandra L. Venegoni (b. 1940) served in the Army Nurse Corps from 1972-1995. She taught nursing at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in the 1970s.
- Wanda Wills Oral History
- Wanda Wills (b. 1918) of Sparta, North Carolina, was a nurse in the Army Nurse Corps (ANC) from 1940 to 1946 and 1948 to 1964.
- Vietnam War Oral Histories
- Twenty oral histories of Viet Nam era nurses found in the Betty Carter Collection at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.