Duke University Medical Center Archives
Fiding aid for the Oral History Collection at Duke University Medical Center Archives, a general collection of oral history interviews. Selections related to nursing include the following:
- Brenda Nevidjon Interview: Brenda Nevidjon is a clinical professor in Duke University's School of Nursing and former chief operating officer of Duke University Hospital.
- Evelyn Booker Wicker Interview: Dr. Evelyn Booker Wicker held numerous positions at Duke University Hospital for more than 30 years, including director of Nursing Services for Duke Hospital South.
- Ruby Leila Wilson Interview: Ruby Leila Wilson was the dean of the Duke University School of Nursing from 1971 to 1984.
- Donna Allen Harris Interview: Donna Allen Harris was the first African-American to graduate from the Duke University School of Nursing.
- Joyce Nichols Interview: Major subjects in this interview include Nichols' experiences as an African-American at Duke while studying to be a physician assistant and a licensed practical nurse.
- Louise Williams Dennis Interview: Louise Williams Dennis graduated from Duke University School of Nursing in 1948.