Originally named Carpenter-Davis Hospital. Now known as Davis Regional Medical Center. The original building was abandoned in 1986 after the hospital relocated to a larger facility.
A nursing school was establish the same year as the hospital, and graduated 720 students between 1920 and 1984.
- History of Davis Regional Medical Center
- A Brief History of Davis Hospital on Abandoned NC
- Caldwell, D.S. (1970). A history of Davis Hospital. North Carolina Medical Journal, 31(2), 58-65.
- Take One Last Look Inside The Haunted, Abandoned Old Davis Hospital In Statesville. Only In Your State. Available at https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/north-carolina/old-davis-photos-nc/
- Old Davis Hospital Demolition (2017)
- 1957, Aug 10. Student Nurse Leads Happy Life. Statesville Record and Landmark, p.2. Statesville, North Carolina. Article includes several photographs.