Additional resources for further research.
- Moore Regional Hospital
- Pickford Tuberculosis Sanitorium
Articles and Publications
- Cray, W.C. (1991). In love and service: the story of Moore Regional Hospital. Pinehurst, N.C.: Moore Regional Hospital.
- Hall, F.D. (1994). In loving memory. American Journal of Nursing, 94(3). p.33. Article about the joys of nursing.
- Hawkins, O.W. (2008). Pickford Sanitarium and R.C,.Lawson Institute: two former institutions of Southern Pines, North Carolina. Unknown publisher.
- Moore County's Maternal Welfare Committee. (1940, May). The Health Bulletin, pp.6-14.
- Articles about the new maternity clinics strated in 1936 can be found in The Pilot (the Southern Pines newspaper) on Oct 16, 1936 and November 27, 1936.