Additional resources for further research.
Health Care Insitutions
- Dorland-Bell School in Hot Springs, NC
- White Rock Hospital
Articles and Publications
- Bellamy, F.R. (1921). The story of White Rock. New York : Educational Dept., Board of Home Missions of the Presbyterian Church. Digitized copy available through Open Library.
- Hunter, E. (1997, April-May). Hot Springs Health Care Pioneers. Appalachian Magazine. Article about the two nurses who founded the Hot Springs, North Carolina Rural Health Clinic.
- Mountain Nurse. (1964). The Health Bulletin. Available online through UNC University Archives. Cover photograph and pages 2-9 are about Public Health Nurse Mrs. Anna Fox of Madison County. It is reprinted from "MD," Vol 8, #6, June 1964.
- Painter, J.B. (1996). The Season of Dorland -Bell: History of an Appalachian Mission School. Revised Second Edition. Excerpt attached below.