Learn more about the history of nursing in Wayne County
- 2002 article about Kathy Johnson, RN. FNP
- Evelyn Coley, Director of Nursing, Wayne County Health Department
Health Care Institutions
- Information about Cherry Hospital found in the Special Collections Library at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- History of Cherry Hospital from the Wayne County Library. .
- Cherry Hospital maintains a museum,
- Old Photograph of Cherry Hospital, Golddsboro, NC
- Another old photograph of Cherry Hospital, Goldsboro, NC.
- "Goldsboro maintains a Public Health and Saniation Bureau with a corps of competent doctors and nurses who devote their time to health and sanitary conditions" from: Eastern North Carolina Where Prosperity is Eternal, Invites You! (1924) Eastern Carolina Chamber of Congress (Kinston, NC).
- 1950s photograph of a nurse at the Wayne County Health Center.
- The US Library of Congress has an oral history interview with Sarah Alice Hooks Massaro of Freemont, NC. She was a flight nurse with the US Air Force during WWII and the Cold War.