Learn more about the history of nursing in Madison County
- Hunter, E. (April-May 1997) Hot Springs Health Care Pioneers. Appalachian Magazine. Article about the two nurses who founded the Hot Spring, North Carolina Rural Health Clinic.
- Mountain Nurse (1964). the Health Bulletin. July, 1964, Cover photograph and pages 2-9 are about Public Health Nurse Mrs. Anna Fox of Madison County. It is reprinted from "MD," Vol 8, #6, June 1964.
Health Care Institutions
- Information about White Rock Hospital (1919-1932) in the Laurel section of the Couunty founded by the Board of Home Missions of the Presbyterian Church, USA.
- Pamphlette about the White Rock Hospital publiahed in 1921.
- Information about the nurses at Whiterock Hospital when they did home visits in the surrounding area