1937 rules of Winston Salem Nurses Association district 2
Winston-Salem Nurses Association
DISTRICT No. 2
- Nurses who are members in good standing in the Winston-Salem Nurses Association District No. 2 of the N.C. State Nurses Association are eligible for the Registry.
- Nurses having applied for Registry or Reciprocity, whose application has been approved by the Board of Directors, may have use of Registry on payment of current dues.
- When a nurse has register for duty she should make it possible for the Register to communicate with her by telephone at all times.
- Nurses reporting for duty are placed at the foot of the list.
When no request is made for a particular nurse, the Register shall, if possible, send the first one on list who is registered for the type of work to which the case refers.
- The Registry fee of $7.50 per year is payable to Chairman of Registry Committee not later than February 28. Nurses beginning July 1st are required to pay only $4.00 for last half of year.
- When a call for a nurse is cancelled after her arrival at the house, she is entitled to one day’s pay.
- Should a nurse voluntarily give up a case she should make no charge for that day.
- When a nurse is on 20-hour duty, in order to secure efficient performance of her duty it is requested that she have at least from 4 to 8 hours for rest and recreation.
- In case of charity calls the nurse at the foot of the list shall be requested to take it, provided she has aligned her willingness to take such work. However, any nurse on duty with a charity case shall be furnished a substitute when she is called to a regular case, or when for any other reason she wishes to be relieved.
- Any nurse who habitually neglects to observe rules of the Registry will forfeit membership.
- 1. General Nursing:
$5.00 per day
$7.00 per day
- 2. Obstetrical cases:
$6.00 per day
$8.00 per day
(In case of death of child or still-born same to come under general nursing.)
- Special Cases – (These include Diphtheria, Scarlet Fever, Smallpox, Venereal Diseases, Alcoholic and Mental Cases):
$6.00 per day
$8.00 per day
- In cases where there are more than one patient, $1.00 per day may be charged for each additional bed patient, conditions permitting.
- Treatments and hourly nursing:
$1.50 for first hour or fraction
$.50 for second hour or fraction
$2.50 for four hours relief
$1.00 for hypodermics
$5.00 for assisting at operation in home
$5.00 for assisting with a delivery
- All charges mentioned herein must be complied with by the nurse. If any nurse desires to give a discount she must inform patient of correct amount of charges and the amount or percent of deduction. 1937 rules